Sunday, May 17, 2009

Red Eft Sighting

Went up today after Saturday night's rain storms and high wind gusts to check and see how the new waterbar drained and to check for any blowdown. I was very pleased to find that all the trails are clear and that the new waterbar worked perfectly. I even checked the grade of the channel with a hand level and everything was fine. I was worried that a lip at an edge of a drop off would have to be cut but it is not an issue.

On the way up on a cool breezy Sunday morning I spotted my first red eft newt of the season. He looked cold, but he was out.

While I was up there I also did a little sidecutting to make the trails easier to follow.

Remember if it is cool and breezy the bugs will stay away...well unless they are real hungry.

The waterfalls was gushing today with all the rain that we had. I had to stop a moment and just watch.

No comments: