Sunday, April 19, 2009

Beautiful Day to be Out

If you were not hiking today in the southern Adirondacks all I have to say is What's Wrong With YOU!!!!!!!! Today I went up to the PKR to remove a downed tree and to put a stone water bar in place to help with water drainage.

Hiking through the trails up to my work zone I walked between a pair of wood peckers pecking away. I also flushed a ruffed grouse on another part of the blue trail, with the warm weather and with the leaves still in bud it is easy to see all the birds fliting around. Great time to go bird watching.

I stopped both when on the way up and on the way down, at the gazebo and looked at the beautiful view. There was not a boat on the lake and the lake itself was a deep clear blue.

So all in all it was a good day to be on Pilot Knob Ridge.

No comments: