Saturday, April 19, 2008

A beautiful day for trail work.

I worked on some lingering trail work today. I missed going up to the PKR last weekend as the cold finally caught me. I removed two large fallen trees that were blocking the treadway and I placed a waterbar on the upper blue trail loop to attempt to remove some of the water from the trail and help slow a little erosion problem that is occurring there. This is my fist waterbar and I want to see how this works before I do another a little south of that one.

One thing I learned today is that there are a lot of rocks on the preserve. I never used the shovel, I had to did it all with a mattock.

Tomorrow I may have an opportunity to go back up and I plan to take some pics and work on the shrubby honeysuckle infestation at the gazebo clearing.

No comments: